Competition organised by the Cater Museum
Prizes donated by the Billericay District Residents Association
Open to anyone living within 2 miles of Billericay High Street.
This one is for everyone !! We want you to write a short story which features our star exhibit as its main character: our Two Headed Lamb. For those in KS1 it should be a maximum of 200 words; for all other categories a maximum of 500 words. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- The lamb could discover an exciting object in the Cater Museum
- Or perhaps it could leave the museum to explore the High Street
- How about a ghost story ?
- Maybe the lamb builds a spaceship and travels to the stars ?
- Or solves a crime ?
- Perhaps you’d like to write a story of the history of the lamb ?
Your story can be about anything – as long as the Two Headed Lamb plays a leading role.
- KS1 (Years 1 & 2)
- KS2 (Years 3 to 6)
- KS3 and KS4 (Years 7 to 11)
- KS5 and adults (ages 16 and up)
For KS1 – max 200 words, for everyone else max 500 words.
The winner in each category will receive £25, kindly donated by our sponsors: the Billericay District Residents Association
The competition will close on June 30th so you have plenty of time. When you’ve finished please send it in (details below). We might make you famous by posting some of the best examples on Facebook !!!
HOW TO ENTER:
Email your entries to competitions@BillericayCine.com, with the subject “SHORT STORY”. Please ensure that your entry includes:
- – the entrant’s name,
- – the category they are entering
- – your postal address
Entries can use the following formats: plain text, Word or PDF.
We may post your entry on our Facebook feed. If we do we will only use your first name and the category in which you have entered. Judges will be made up from volunteers from the Cater Museum