Prizes kindly donated by the Billericay Lions
Competition organised by Billericay Community Cinema
Open to anyone living within 2 miles of Billericay High Street.
We want you to write a review of a film that you have watched whilst isolated. For those in KS1 it should be a maximum of 200 words; for all other categories a maximum of 500 words. It can be any film – from The Lego Movie to Silence of the Lambs …. The only mandatory information we must have is the film title. Other than that, here are a few ideas of things you might like to include :
- – Who are the main characters?
- – A short synopsis of the film – what’s is all about ?
- – What did you like about it ?
- – What didn’t you like about it ?
- – Was there a particular character who you thought had particular depth ?
- – Does it stand out in its particular genre, and if so why ?
- – How many marks out of 10 would you give it ?
- KS1 (Years 1 & 2)
- KS2 (Years 3 to 6)
- KS3 and KS4 (Years 7 to 11)
- KS5 and adults (ages 16 and up)
There will be a prize of £25, kindly provided by the Billericay Lions for the winner of each category.
The competition will close on June 30th. You have plenty of time to watch a film and write your review, however, please send them to us when they are written : we might make you famous by posting some of the best examples on Facebook !!!
HOW TO ENTER:
Email your entries to competitions@BillericayCine.com, with the subject “FILM REVIEW”. Please ensure that your entry includes:
- – the entrant’s name,
- – the category they are entering
- – your postal address
Entries can use the following formats: plain text, Word or PDF.
We may post your entry on our Facebook feed. If we do we will only use your first name and the category in which you have entered. Judges will be made up from volunteers at the Billericay Community Cinema.